Bookkeeping associate (Allentown)
Rapidly growing consulting firm seeks full time experienced bookkeeper for diverse, interesting clients. Flexible hours, high quality of life, 32 – 40 hours per week.
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified humans are welcome to apply.
Let’s talk about you
- You take initiative and love to learn new things. You thrive working autonomously and feel comfortable with a self-guided schedule.
- You’re meticulous, hardworking, detailed and can see the big picture
- You have at least one year experience with QuickBooks, or other accounting software, or have had significant classroom exposure to accounting. Ideal: you have 5+ years experience as a bookkeeper in more than two situations and have worked with several versions of QuickBooks, especially QuickBooks Online.
- You are computer savvy and can communicate about it patiently. You’ve used both Apple and Microsoft products. You can do a couple Excel tricks. You could explain to someone on the telephone how to open their browser and go to a website. You know how to download and install software, and you know not to click on shiney things that give you malware.
- You are comfortable communicating with both coworkers and clients who have a wide range of learning styles, levels of experience, and diverse backgrounds and identities.
- You’re highly organized and don’t generate a lot of clutter. You don’t lose stuff in piles of unfiled things, and you remember where stuff is, how it got done, and how to accomplish it next time.
- You have some interesting hobby or passion whether related to work or not.
- You have reliable transportation.
Let’s talk about the job
- This is about the most interesting and satisfying bookkeeping job ever because we have the coolest clients in the city, and we make a real difference in the success of small businesses and progressive nonprofits. We have too many bookkeeping clients for our current staff to handle and want to bring on more, and we need someone to handle them as well as provide basic QuickBooks tutoring. Sometimes you visit your clients regularly, sometimes you work here in the office.
- Starting pay: $15+/hour DOE, 32-40 hours/week. Benefits include paid time off, holidays, $300/mo toward health insurance, retirement plan, etc.
- Hours: roughly 9 – 5 or 10 – 6. We’re pretty flexible and you set your own appointment times with clients.
- Convenient and beautiful office in Allentown with NO CUBICLES. We have off-street parking and a bike closet. We have art supplies in our conference room.
Think we’re a match? Send us a resume and a cover letter. The cover letter is very important so you can address why you’re a great fit for this job. Send to email@example.com.